On Sunday, media reports suggested that the northern Irishman who had been on a month long suspension had been sacked but FUFA denied the same.
However, according to a statement released on Monday morning, barely 24 hours after denying, FUFA has turned around to confirm the reports.
“The Head Coach of the Uganda Men’s National team, Johnathan McKinstry, has today reached an agreement with FUFA to bring an end to his 18 months at the helm of the Uganda Cranes,” FUFA said in a statement.
“FUFA would like to thank Coach McKinstry and his staff for the work and dedication to developing the Uganda Cranes during their tenure.”
Whereas the establishment at FUFA house in Mengo seem to have used a diplomatic language by saying the coach had reach and agreement with them to end his spell, insiders insist that McKinstry was saked.
The Northern Irishman was in charge of the Ugandan national team for 18 games and registered a 67% win but fell out with the shots that be at Mengo .
He was accused of a dismal performance for the Cranes team during the CHAN tournament in Cameroon.
FUFA president Eng.Moses Magogo recently said Uganda played “shitty” football arguing that players that participated in the CHAN tournament deserve no pay for such a dismal display.
The comments have however backfired for him.
McKinstry replaced French national, Sebastien Desabre who departed after the 2019 Afcon finals in Egypt but according to insiders, the Frenchman is expected to return to steer affairs for the Ugandan national team as the new coach.
For more information please tune in to our news bulletin